2019 Alumni Achievement Awards
Nominations for the 2019 Alumni Achievement Awards are now open! Please ensure that you read the tips for nominators below before you submit your nomination. We look forward to announcing the winners and recognising their amazing achievements.
Top tips for nominators
The selection committee is made up of Curtin staff, past award winners and notable alumni from different backgrounds and industries. By following these top tips, the selection committees will have all the information they need to assess the nominations in the best possible light.
- T&Cs: Read the Terms and Conditions before you begin drafting the nomination to avoid submitting an invalid nomination.
- Jargon: Avoid industry and other jargon, including acronyms and abbreviations that the selection committee may not understand.
- References: Reference letters must be specific to these awards and must be no longer than two (2) pages. Additional pages will not be considered by the selection committees.
- CVs/Resumes: CVs and biographies must be no longer than four (4) pages. Additional pages will not be considered by the selection committees.
- Eligibility statement: Statements must be no longer than 1000 words. Additional wording will not be considered by the selection committees. Make the most of the 1000 words available for the Eligibility Statement – a much shorter statement may not provide adequate information for the committee to properly assess the achievements of the nominee. The statement must address the selection criteria for the specific award in question, rather than the nominee’s general achievements.
- Self nominations: Self nominations will not be considered by the selection committee, which means that the eligibility statement must be written by the nominator, not nominee.
- Multiple nominations: If you are nominating the same candidate for more than one award, you will need to submit separate documentation tailored to the different award categories.
Once nominations close, all candidate applications will be reviewed by the Alumni Achievement Awards Selection Committees. The Committees will recommend nominees for each award to the Honorary Awards and Appointments Committee for consideration and recommendation to the Vice-Chancellor.
|Nominations open||Thursday 16 May 2019|
|Nominations close||Friday 21 June 2019|
|Judging and selection process||Commences Monday 1 July 2019|
|Alumni Achievement Awards Ceremony||Thursday 24 October 2019|